Hummingbird Studios was quickly transformed into a jungle adventure for Jensen's birthday bash! Themed parties really make the space exciting and can be very easily done in our dynamic venue. We'd love for you to throw an effortless and fun themed party with us for your next event so we've complied some tips that will help you create the perfect event on a budget! And don't forget to book The Kidographer Chicago for some great photos to commemorate the event.
Enjoy, and we hope to see you very soon!
1. Be on the hunt for themed supplies: The earlier the better! This will give you time to comparison shop. Plus, you’ll save yourself from running out at the last minute to buy overpriced things you’ve forgotten.
2. You've got mail: Send your guests a free electronic themed invitation; you’ll save what you’d normally spend on paper invites.
3. Double up: If your kid’s birthday falls close to a buddy’s, consider a dual party. You and the other child’s parents will split the cost—and responsibilities. Just make sure each kid gets her own cake.
4. Order online: Prices aren’t always better if you shop online, but hitting the Web for your themed favors and decorations may help you avoid impulse purchases.
5. Make a semi-homemade cake: Buy an inexpensive box mix, and substitute buttermilk for the water for a firmer, less-sweet cake. Serve it up!
6. Elevate the everyday: Take advantage of kids’ vivid imagination to tie in with your theme. Make a safari adventure out of hidden stuffed animals around the venue!
7. Lean on your friends and family: Someone you know owns a festive tablecloth, punch bowl, party decorations and other essentials you can use for your child's party, and actually we do too!
8. Giving thanks: Encourage your kids to write thank you notes, it teaches them to be appreciative and, at the same time, thanks your child's friends for gifts and attending the party. Homemade cards are a good project for kids and cut down on costs!
9. Catering: Don't worry about creating an elaborate menu for your child's birthday party—their friends are likely to be just as impressed with a few basic, fun items to munch on. For instance, if you're having an outdoor party, simply throw some hamburgers and hot dogs on the grill and whip up a few of your child's favorite side dishes and call it a jungle feast. Remember to be creative to stay on theme!
10. Special Guests: Kid's parties need a lot of extra hands, but you don't necessarily have to pay for help. You can even ask a friend or family member to dress up as your child's favorite character to fit the theme instead of hiring someone to do it.
For more fun party tips please visit:
At Hummingbird Studios we love to talk all things, events, celebrations, and anything in between. We hope we can spark your interest and give you ideas for your next Hummingbird gathering!