You have your professional headshot photography session all set with us here at Hummingbird Studios, but how should you prepare for it? We have some easy tips to get you picture ready and to keep things simple.
1. Dress to fit you, but keep in mind how you would meet a client, show up for an audition, go to an interview, etc.
You want to be comfortable in what you’re wearing, show off who you are, but not sell someone you are not.
2. Also keep your hair and any makeup simple. Remember, the focus is on you. Plus, a beautiful new updo might not get seen fully in one photo and tons of makeup may easily show up in your photos.
3. If you plan on getting a haircut, do so a week before. It will help your hair keep a natural look in the photos and not look completely fresh. Moreover, if any adjustments are needed to your hair, there is time to do so.
4. Having a mirror on hand can be extremely handy for quick adjustments. It saves a trip to the bathroom or having to wait for your proofs.
5. Keep in mind major trends. You don’t want to wear something that is going to look out dated in a year or two.
6. Practice using good posture to project confidence, but loosen up as to not seem stiff.
7. Get a good night’s sleep. Getting some good sleep helps you to look fresh and avoid looking tired. Making sure you eat and drink water can also help you look your best.
At Hummingbird Studios we love to talk all things, events, celebrations, and anything in between. We hope we can spark your interest and give you ideas for your next Hummingbird gathering!