You have your professional headshot photography session all set with us here at Hummingbird Studios, but how should you prepare for it? We have some easy tips to get you picture ready and to keep things simple.
1. Dress to fit you, but keep in mind how you would meet a client, show up for an audition, go to an interview, etc.
You want to be comfortable in what you’re wearing, show off who you are, but not sell someone you are not.
2. Also keep your hair and any makeup simple. Remember, the focus is on you. Plus, a beautiful new updo might not get seen fully in one photo and tons of makeup may easily show up in your photos.
3. If you plan on getting a haircut, do so a week before. It will help your hair keep a natural look in the photos and not look completely fresh. Moreover, if any adjustments are needed to your hair, there is time to do so.
4. Having a mirror on hand can be extremely handy for quick adjustments. It saves a trip to the bathroom or having to wait for your proofs.
5. Keep in mind major trends. You don’t want to wear something that is going to look out dated in a year or two.
6. Practice using good posture to project confidence, but loosen up as to not seem stiff.
7. Get a good night’s sleep. Getting some good sleep helps you to look fresh and avoid looking tired. Making sure you eat and drink water can also help you look your best.
10/7/2021 06:28:26 pm
You make a great point about practicing posture. My wife wants pictures taken of us for fall. We'll have to hire a photographer for the shots.
It's interesting to know that being simple regarding your hair and makeup is the key to ensuring that the focus is you. I think that would actually be beneficial for headshots, since being too much would not seem professional as well. Especially when you are in the corporate industry, your appearance should be respectable and more on the natural appearance with a neat look.
6/22/2022 11:52:21 pm
It's good to know that a night of good sleep allows you to look fresh during your headshot photography session. My friend should know this since she wants headshot photos for her portfolio. I should advise her to look for a photographer that can make her look good in the photos.
7/1/2022 06:51:26 am
I want to get a good headshot taken, but I'm not sure how to get ready for it. It makes sense that getting the right outfit and a good haircut for it would be beneficial. That seems like a good way to ensure that I look good in the picture.
8/17/2022 05:56:32 pm
I appreciate that you explained that you should be professional and comfortable with your outfit at the same time. I have a cousin who is looking for a reliable headshot photographer for his updated corporate photos, and he asked if I had any idea what would be the best option to consider. I love this enlightening article, I'll be sure to tell him that he can consult a trusted headshot photography service as they can provide information about the process.
Leave a Reply.
At Hummingbird Studios we love to talk all things, events, celebrations, and anything in between. We hope we can spark your interest and give you ideas for your next Hummingbird gathering!